Area to Visit
City of Entebbe, southwards to Bwindi impenetrable forest, Batwa pygmies,
Go for gorilla trekking on this 4 days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park which brings you face to face with the massive giants of Bwindi – the mountain gorillas. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is located in the south western part of Uganda covering an area of 321 km2 and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The forest lies at an altitude between 1160 m -2607 m above sea level and is famous for being home to over 450 mountain gorillas.
- Gorilla trekking
- Photo session at the Equator
- Cultural Visit
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to your hotel
You will be picked up at the airport and transferred to your hotel in Entebbe Where you will be spending the night. Depending on your arrival time, you will have a short tour around the City of Entebbe.
- Luxury-Hotel No 5
- Mid-range-2 Friends Hotel Entebbe
- Budget-Precious Guest House
Day 2: Travel to Bwindi forest for the Uganda gorilla trekking safari
Your day will start after an early breakfast and you will embark on your gorilla safari southwards to Bwindi impenetrable forest. The journey will offer you highway sights of rural and semi-urban Uganda with several fruit & vegetable markets along the roads, craft and drum makers and a stop at Uganda’s Equator monument where you will cross to the southern hemispheres. After the experience at the Equator, the drive will continue with a stopover in Mbarara for lunch before proceeding to Bwindi with short bathroom stopovers and picture sessions of landscape and other attractions.
Accommodation at Silverback Lodge
Day 3: Gorilla trekking in Uganda
Today early morning your driver guide will pick you up from the lodge and transfer you to the briefing point at 7am before you start your gorilla trek at 8 am. At the briefing point, the Uganda wildlife authority rangers will welcome you and given seats until time of briefing as your driver guide registers you with the ranger on duty to be allocated a gorilla family.
Eventually the ranger guide will share a short briefing about the experience in the park and how you should interact with nature and the people. You will then be allocated a gorilla family to trek after which you will start the walk into the forest. Depending on location of your gorilla family, you might need to drive to the trail head of the allocated gorilla family.
After your lunch, you will visit the Batwa pygmies for a cultural experience.
Accommodation at Silverback Lodge
Day 4: Transfer to Entebbe
Today you drive back to Entebbe. Have lunch at the Equator and enjoy picture sessions in both the northern and southern hemispheres. This will mark the end of your lovely Uganda holiday.
- Full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) accommodation.
- All game drives viewing in a custom built 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser
- All park and entrance fees
- Transportation with 4×4 vehicles with viewing roofs
- Professional English-speaking driver/guide or other language as specified during the safari.
- Bottled water in safari vehicles
- Ngorongoro Crater car supplement fee if itinerary includes crater.
- Current Government taxes and levies
- 24-Hour support during the safari from our office in Moshi.
- Internal or International flights
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Balloon excursion (US$600 pp)
- Entry visa to Tanzania.
- Travel and health insurance
- Gratuities to your guide, hotel staff, and porters
- Meals, drinks, and excursions not described in the itinerary
- Any other items of a personal nature, laundry, telephone and postage
- Item of personal Nature