Area to Visit
Volcanoes national park
This 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari and golden monkey trekking will give you two prime safari activities in the volcanoes national park – Rwanda gorilla trekking and golden monkey trekking. You have an opportunity to learn a bit about the Rwandan culture by visiting a cultural village after your gorilla experience.
- Gorilla trekking
- Golden monkey trekking
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes for Golden monkey trekking
Your tour guide will pick you up from your Hotel in Kigali by 4:00am with your packed breakfast and transfer you to Volcanoes National Park. The golden monkeys are generally more active than the gorillas. This requires that for great photos you will continuously follow them as they forage for food especially the delicious bamboo shoots. Sometimes they are seen getting into the surrounding gardens for potatoes. However to note is that they are generally not located too far so the trek to their habitat is much more manageable than some of the gorilla families. You will receive a briefing at the park headquarters before you start your golden monkey trek just like the previous day.
You will check –into your hotel and relax for the rest of the evening.
- Luxury-One & Only Gorillas Nests/Singita Kwitonda Lodge/Bisate Lodge
- Mid-range-Five Volcanoes Boutique Hotel
- Budget-Gorilla Solution Lodge
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national park
After an early morning breakfast the driver guide will transfer you to the briefing area at the headquarters of Volcanoes national park. The ranger guide will share tips of your time in the park and encountering mountain gorillas. In the meantime you will enjoy pure Rwandan coffee as you wait to start your trek. After the briefing you are distributed in different gorilla groups to start the trek. Gorilla trekking requires that you be relatively fit to enjoy hiking in the Volcanoes.
If the family of gorillas you visit is nearby and you are able to finish this activity in the morning, there is an option of visiting the gorilla guardian’s village to learn more about the Rwandan culture and the people who co-existed with the gorillas for centuries.
After lunch the driver guide will transfer you to Kigali to return to your hotel or take your flight home.
- Full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) accommodation.
- All game drives viewing in a custom built 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser
- All park and entrance fees
- Transportation with 4×4 vehicles with viewing roofs
- Professional English-speaking driver/guide or other language as specified during the safari.
- Bottled water in safari vehicles
- Ngorongoro Crater car supplement fee if itinerary includes crater.
- Current Government taxes and levies
- 24-Hour support during the safari from our office in Moshi.
- Internal or International flights
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Balloon excursion (US$600 pp)
- Entry visa to Tanzania.
- Travel and health insurance
- Gratuities to your guide, hotel staff, and porters
- Meals, drinks, and excursions not described in the itinerary
- Any other items of a personal nature, laundry, telephone and postage
- Item of personal Nature