Zara Tours guides treks up the Marangu Route, which is the easiest and shortest route to Kilimanjaro’s summit and is known as the “Coca Cola” or “tourist” route. This is the only route on Kilimanjaro with the comforts of solar-powered sleeping huts and comfortable beds at every camp. The huts are communal, and each bunk has a sponge mattress and pillow. There are 60 beds at both Mandara and Kibo Huts and 120 beds at Horombo Hut. Bathrooms and running water are available at the two lower huts. Basic men’s and ladies’ latrines are available at the last camp. All climbing groups, often from several countries around the world, share meals in dining huts providing a jovial and energetic atmosphere. Soft drinks, bottled water, and beer may be for sale at the huts. Bring small Tanzanian bills to purchase these items (prices increase with elevation). This route is usually done in 5 days, but you can do it in 6 days for better acclimatization. You can spend your extra day resting at Horombo or climbing to a basecamp below Kibo’s sub peak Mawenzi.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash.
- Hair brush or comb, hair ties, barrettes/bobby pins.
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Sunscreen and face lotion with SPF.
- Night time Moisturizer/Lotion.
- If under any medication, enough stock
- All Meals
- All ground and plane transportation
- All accomodation
- Full trek guide and staffs
- All trek pack and equipment
- Alcohol or Beverage
- Camera and other non trek accessories
Inquire about tour
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.