PRICE DEPENDS ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE PLANE:
Cost per person sharing
- If 2 pax traveling @US$5,300
- If 3 pax traveling @US$4,410
- If 4 pax traveling @US$3,705
- Flight from Dar es Salaam to Iringa and Iringa to Dar es Salaam on Auric Air.
- Flight from Iringa to Kipili and Kipili to Iringa on a Cessna 210 plane.
- Flight from Kipili to Katavi and Katavi to Kipili
- Flight from Kipili to Mahale and Mahale to Kipili
- Vehicle transfers between the Kipili airstrip and Lake Shore Lodge
- Park fees and game drive for 1 x day in Katavi NP
- Park fees and chimp trekking fees for 1 x chimp trek in Mahale NP
- Boat transfer from the Mahale airstrip to the chimp trekking area and back to the Mahale airstrip
- 7 x Nights accommodation in a shared Chalet at Lake Shore Lodge
- All meals, teas, and coffees
- 1 x Snorkeling trip to the islands in front of Lake Shore
- Complimentary kayaking
- 1 x Sunset cruise
- Drinks other than tea and coffee.
- Other activities at Lake Shore (Diving, fishing, quad biking, massages, Jaccuzzi).
- Tips for the TANAPA Rangers.
Interesting facts about Lake Tanganyika
- The LONGEST Lake in Africa (720km long)
- The SECOND DEEPEST Lake in the world (1,470m deep) – second only to Lake Baikal in Russia.
- It holds almost ONE FIFTH of the world’s available fresh water.
- It is the SECOND LARGEST fresh water Lake by volume in the world.
- There are 26 rivers that flow into Lake Tanganyika and only one (the Lukuga River) that flows out.
- Only the upper 100m of the Lake is oxygenated.
- The Lake’s temperature is typically 24 to 26 degrees Celsius (70 degrees Fahrenheit) all year round.
- it has an average ph of 8.4