Zara Easter Special: Tell us you want to surprise a family & loved one this Easter and qualify for our special offer! Save up to USD $150 if we confirm your booking by March 31, 2017 (To qualify for this offer send us your booking with Promo code ESTR17).
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO
Hot Offers !
- MARANGU 7 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$1,498
- RONGAI 8 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$1,776
- MACHAME 9 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$2,019
- LEMOSHO 10 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$2,325
- KILIMANJARO CLIMB NORTHERN CIRCUIT$2,180- $2,488
- KILIMANJARO CLIMB LONDOROSSI ROUTE$2,587
- TEMBO 5 DAYS SAFARI $1,518
- KIFARU 7 DAYS SAFARI $2,139
- SIMBA 3 DAYS SAFARI $899
- SERENGETI MIGRATION $2,664
- WILDEBEEST MIGRATION PACKAGE 6 DAYS
- SAFARI TO SUPPORT NGORONGORO PRE-SCHOOL
- MAASAI LODGE
- THE BEST OF AFRICA SAFARI
- WILDEBEEST CALVING NDUTU
- CLIMB KILIMANJARO & SAFARI ADVENTURE #1 (13 DAYS)$4,233
- KILIMANJARO MACHAME ROUTE & SAFARI 4 DAY #2 (11 DAYS)$3,517
- KILIMANJARO MARANGU ROUTE & CLASSIC SAFARI #3 (11 DAYS)$3,715
- 6 DAYS RONGAI ROUTE COMBINED WITH 3 DAYS LODGE SAFAR. $3,063
- 5 DAYS MARANGU ROUTE COMBINED WITH 3 DAYS LODGE SAFARI $3,715
SPECIAL PACKAGE !!!
- SUSTAINABLE TOURISM WITH ZARA CHARITY PACKAGE #1 (CODE:- STP14#1)
- SUSTAINABLE TOURISM WITH ZARA CHARITY PACKAGE #2 (CODE:- STP14#2)
- ZARA INCLUSIVE TREKKING PACKAGE
- ZARA INCLUSIVE TREKKING & SAFARI PACKAGE
- SKYSAFARI PACKAGE
- THE FAMOUS EAST AFRICAN MIGRATION PACKAGE (SERENGETI & MARA)
- COME TO AFRICA AND SUPPORT THE FIGHT AGAINST POACHING
- CLEAN KILIMANJARO SPECIAL
- UGANDA RWANDA 14 DAYS SAFARI
- SOUTHERN PEOPLES & CULTURE PACKAGE
- ETHIOPIA NORTH & SOUTH COMBINED PACKAGE
- 9 DAYS KENYA SAFARI
ZARA TOURS DAY TRIPS
- Nyerere Golden Award Best Women Achievers in 2015
- "Talk of the Town" published in The Arusha Times on Dec 12 to 18, 2015
- Zara Tours recognized as the best tour company of the year
- Zara Tanzania Adventures recognized as the best tour company of the year 2013/2014
- ICA, SNOW AND SAVANNA book
- HATS Certificate of Membership
- GEITA GOLD MINE EXPEDITION AGAINST HIV/AIDS 2014
- 54 years old North Carolina Native
- Receives 2014 Gloval Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor
- ZARA TOURS INC receives 2013 Canadian Excellence Award
- Clean-up Kilimanjaro Machame Route - October 1, 2015
- Zainab Ansell: Exemplary woman entrepreneur
- Wins of 2012 Humanitarian Award in London
- Ngorongoro Marathon
The Kilimanjaro Porters Society was created in 2004 by Zara Tours to improve the working conditions of all porters on Mount Kilimanjaro and other hiking areas in Tanzania.
A valid yellow fever vaccination certificate will have to be shown at the points of entry to Tanzania and Zanzibar.
This is a measure for your safety and to help prevent outbreaks.
Did you know?
Due to its outstanding charitable community support, ZARA has been awarded winner of the 2010 Tanzania Tourism Tour Operator Humanitarian Award!
FAQ - Tanzania Safari
What's the best time to do a safari?
Safaris are possible at any time of the year. We adapt the exact locations for game viewing to the yearly migration of wildlife. For instance in the months of December to March, the animals are rather in the Eastern part of the Serengeti, and in April and May they move to the Western part. Other National Parks don't have any migration scheme at all.
What is the accommodation like?
For safaris, you can choose the standard of accommodation. The cheapest and simplest option is basic camping.
What are the vehicles like?
Vehicles used are generally Toyota Land Cruisers or Land Rovers, as they are most suitable to the terrain. For larger groups we use 4WD buses as it is more convenient for our clients to be all together in one vehicle only, and it is also more economic and better for the environment.
Who will be my guide?
All groups and individual travellers will be provided with an English speaking Tanzanian guide. Some of the guides also speak Spanish or German. They are trained and experienced in leading trips and knowledgeable about the fauna, flora and many more aspects of their country. Often they become life long friends with the travellers. Interactions with staff are often the highlight of people's trips. It is a great way to get to know the real life of Tanzania.
What luggage should I pack?
It is important to keep luggage to the barest minimum when on trek, as this will ease the burden of the drivers, vehicles and porters. Baggage should be of the round squashy type rather than hard suitcases that are difficult to fit into jeeps. Try to use something that is both lockable and water proof as luggage can often end up sitting on the roof of the vehicle.