Zara Easter Special: Tell us you want to surprise a family & loved one this Easter and qualify for our special offer! Save up to USD $150 if we confirm your booking by March 31, 2017 (To qualify for this offer send us your booking with Promo code ESTR17).
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO
Hot Offers !
- MARANGU 7 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$1,498
- RONGAI 8 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$1,776
- MACHAME 9 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$2,019
- LEMOSHO 10 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$2,325
- KILIMANJARO CLIMB NORTHERN CIRCUIT$2,180- $2,488
- KILIMANJARO CLIMB LONDOROSSI ROUTE$2,587
- TEMBO 5 DAYS SAFARI $1,518
- KIFARU 7 DAYS SAFARI $2,139
- SIMBA 3 DAYS SAFARI $899
- SERENGETI MIGRATION $2,664
- WILDEBEEST MIGRATION PACKAGE 6 DAYS
- SAFARI TO SUPPORT NGORONGORO PRE-SCHOOL
- MAASAI LODGE
- THE BEST OF AFRICA SAFARI
- WILDEBEEST CALVING NDUTU
- CLIMB KILIMANJARO & SAFARI ADVENTURE #1 (13 DAYS)$4,233
- KILIMANJARO MACHAME ROUTE & SAFARI 4 DAY #2 (11 DAYS)$3,517
- KILIMANJARO MARANGU ROUTE & CLASSIC SAFARI #3 (11 DAYS)$3,715
- 6 DAYS RONGAI ROUTE COMBINED WITH 3 DAYS LODGE SAFAR. $3,063
- 5 DAYS MARANGU ROUTE COMBINED WITH 3 DAYS LODGE SAFARI $3,715
SPECIAL PACKAGE !!!
- SUSTAINABLE TOURISM WITH ZARA CHARITY PACKAGE #1 (CODE:- STP14#1)
- SUSTAINABLE TOURISM WITH ZARA CHARITY PACKAGE #2 (CODE:- STP14#2)
- ZARA INCLUSIVE TREKKING PACKAGE
- ZARA INCLUSIVE TREKKING & SAFARI PACKAGE
- SKYSAFARI PACKAGE
- THE FAMOUS EAST AFRICAN MIGRATION PACKAGE (SERENGETI & MARA)
- COME TO AFRICA AND SUPPORT THE FIGHT AGAINST POACHING
- CLEAN KILIMANJARO SPECIAL
- UGANDA RWANDA 14 DAYS SAFARI
- SOUTHERN PEOPLES & CULTURE PACKAGE
- ETHIOPIA NORTH & SOUTH COMBINED PACKAGE
- 9 DAYS KENYA SAFARI
ZARA TOURS DAY TRIPS
- Nyerere Golden Award Best Women Achievers in 2015
- "Talk of the Town" published in The Arusha Times on Dec 12 to 18, 2015
- Zara Tours recognized as the best tour company of the year
- Zara Tanzania Adventures recognized as the best tour company of the year 2013/2014
- ICA, SNOW AND SAVANNA book
- HATS Certificate of Membership
- GEITA GOLD MINE EXPEDITION AGAINST HIV/AIDS 2014
- 54 years old North Carolina Native
- Receives 2014 Gloval Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor
- ZARA TOURS INC receives 2013 Canadian Excellence Award
- Clean-up Kilimanjaro Machame Route - October 1, 2015
- Zainab Ansell: Exemplary woman entrepreneur
- Wins of 2012 Humanitarian Award in London
- Ngorongoro Marathon
The Kilimanjaro Porters Society was created in 2004 by Zara Tours to improve the working conditions of all porters on Mount Kilimanjaro and other hiking areas in Tanzania.
A valid yellow fever vaccination certificate will have to be shown at the points of entry to Tanzania and Zanzibar.
This is a measure for your safety and to help prevent outbreaks.
Did you know?
Due to its outstanding charitable community support, ZARA has been awarded winner of the 2010 Tanzania Tourism Tour Operator Humanitarian Award!
FAQ - Climbing Kilimanjaro
What route should I climb?
Around 80% of climbers choose the Marangu Route (5 or 6 days), which is commonly referred to as the "Tourist" or "Coca Cola" Route. The rest usually goes for the Umbwe, Rongai or Machame Route (6 or 7 days). The other two routes (Shira and Lemosho) are far less frequented and therefore allow for a more remote and natural experience.
When is the best time to climb Kilimanjaro?
Kilimanjaro can be climbed throughout the year.
How fit do I have to be?
Many texts state that Kilimanjaro is "easily accessible". However, you should not underestimate this mountain. There are no technical mountaineering skills required, but general fitness is necessary. However, the biggest problem for climbers are the effects of high altitude, which seem to be unrelated to fitness, age or gender.
How many hours will I trek per day?
You can see this from the description of the routes or from our route comparison table.
What if I am slower than the other trekkers?
There is no need to worry - this is a common concern. It is much better for your body if you proceed slowly and order propecia prescriptions resources the guides will permanently remind you about this ("pole pole" - which means "slowly, slowly").
What if I cannot make it to the top?
Some climbers may fall short of reaching the summit, but not at the expense of their overall experience. Even for those who never reached the top, the experience of the wonders of Kilimanjaro is rewarding.
How much equipment will I carry?
You are expected to carry your own day pack, which should be able to sustain you until you reach camp at the end of the day. You do not need to carry your personal backpack/duffel pack - it will be carried by a porter. The weight per porter is limited to 15 kg (35lb). If you bring overweight luggage, every 15 kg will be charged extra at 100 US$ for an extra porter for the whole climb. Your backpack/duffel bag will be brought from campsite to campsite - before you arrive it will already be there.
What is the accommodation like at the trek?
On the Marangu Route there are simple, basic huts. The first two huts sleep four people each, and the best levitra price last hut is dorm-style with bunk beds.
What is the food like at the trek?
See our sample menu or vegetarian menu for climbers.
Who will be my guide?
Our guides have collectively mounted Kilimanjaro well over a thousand times. They are extremely knowledgable about
climbing the mountain. Further, we regularly train them in zoological and geological topics, first aid, customer relationship, English language, and environmental conservation.
What luggage should I pack?
It is important to keep luggage to the barest minimum when on trek, as this will ease the burden of the drivers, vehicles and porters. Baggage should be of the round squashy type rather than hard suitcases that are difficult to fit into jeeps. Try to use something that is both lockable and water proof as luggage can often end up sitting on the roof of the vehicle.