Tell us you want to surprise a family & loved one this Valentine and qualify for our special offer! (to qualify use Promo code VANT17 and we need to confirm your booking by January 31, 2017)
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO
Hot Offers !
- MARANGU 7 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$1,498
- RONGAI 8 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$1,776
- MACHAME 9 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$2,019
- LEMOSHO 10 DAYS GROUP DEPARTURE$2,325
- KILIMANJARO CLIMB NORTHERN CIRCUIT$2,180- $2,488
- KILIMANJARO CLIMB LONDOROSSI ROUTE$2,587
- TEMBO 5 DAYS SAFARI $1,518
- KIFARU 7 DAYS SAFARI $2,139
- SIMBA 3 DAYS SAFARI $899
- SERENGETI MIGRATION $2,664
- WILDEBEEST MIGRATION PACKAGE 6 DAYS
- SAFARI TO SUPPORT NGORONGORO PRE-SCHOOL
- MAASAI LODGE
- THE BEST OF AFRICA SAFARI
- WILDEBEEST CALVING NDUTU
- CLIMB KILIMANJARO & SAFARI ADVENTURE #1 (13 DAYS)$4,233
- KILIMANJARO MACHAME ROUTE & SAFARI 3 DAY #2 (11 DAYS)$3,517
- KILIMANJARO MARANGU ROUTE & CLASSIC SAFARI #3 (11 DAYS)$3,715
- 6 DAYS RONGAI ROUTE COMBINED WITH 3 DAYS LODGE SAFAR. $3,063
- 5 DAYS MARANGU ROUTE COMBINED WITH 3 DAYS LODGE SAFARI $3,715
SPECIAL PACKAGE !!!
- SUSTAINABLE TOURISM WITH ZARA CHARITY PACKAGE #1 (CODE:- STP14#1)
- SUSTAINABLE TOURISM WITH ZARA CHARITY PACKAGE #2 (CODE:- STP14#2)
- ZARA INCLUSIVE TREKKING PACKAGE
- ZARA INCLUSIVE TREKKING & SAFARI PACKAGE
- SKYSAFARI PACKAGE
- THE FAMOUS EAST AFRICAN MIGRATION PACKAGE (SERENGETI & MARA)
- COME TO AFRICA AND SUPPORT THE FIGHT AGAINST POACHING
- CLEAN KILIMANJARO SPECIAL
- UGANDA RWANDA 14 DAYS SAFARI
- SOUTHERN PEOPLES & CULTURE PACKAGE
- ETHIOPIA NORTH & SOUTH COMBINED PACKAGE
- 9 DAYS KENYA SAFARI
ZARA TOURS DAY TRIPS
- Nyerere Golden Award Best Women Achievers in 2015
- "Talk of the Town" published in The Arusha Times on Dec 12 to 18, 2015
- Zara Tours recognized as the best tour company of the year
- Zara Tanzania Adventures recognized as the best tour company of the year 2013/2014
- ICA, SNOW AND SAVANNA book
- HATS Certificate of Membership
- GEITA GOLD MINE EXPEDITION AGAINST HIV/AIDS 2014
- 54 years old North Carolina Native
- Receives 2014 Gloval Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor
- ZARA TOURS INC receives 2013 Canadian Excellence Award
- Clean-up Kilimanjaro Machame Route - October 1, 2015
- Zainab Ansell: Exemplary woman entrepreneur
- Wins of 2012 Humanitarian Award in London
- Ngorongoro Marathon
The Kilimanjaro Porters Society was created in 2004 by Zara Tours to improve the working conditions of all porters on Mount Kilimanjaro and other hiking areas in Tanzania.
A valid yellow fever vaccination certificate will have to be shown at the points of entry to Tanzania and Zanzibar.
This is a measure for your safety and to help prevent outbreaks.
Did you know?
Due to its outstanding charitable community support, ZARA has been awarded winner of the 2010 Tanzania Tourism Tour Operator Humanitarian Award!
FAQ - Tanzania Safari & Kilimanjaro Climbing - General questions
Where in Tanzania is Moshi/Kilimanjaro and how do I get there?
Please see our page: "Getting to Moshi".
What about medical supplies and emergencies during my stay in Tanzania?
If you have any particular medical problem please consult with your doctor before you come to Tanzania as to the medication that you should bring on your trip. This also applies to your own personal first aid kit.
And it can also include features such as:
See our health information for Kilimanjaro trekkers.
What is included in the price?
Take a look at "Prices".
What currency should I carry with me?
The official currency of Tanzania is the Shilling. Smaller amounts of money are usually paid in Shilling, whereas larger amounts of money are paid in US$. In September 2009 1 US$ was worth approximately 1,320 Shillings. Money can be exchanged at the Bureaux de Change which can be found at any larger town and in the airports. Make sure that they change your money at the rate which is written in front of the bureau.
Where can I get a visa for Tanzania?
Generally, everyone entering Tanzanian territory must have a tourist visa, the price is $100 for U.S. passport holders, US$75 for Canadians, and $50 for EU and most other passport holders. The best idea is to obtain the visa from the Tanzanian Embassy at your country of origin.
Can I send emails/make phone calls/send postcards from Tanzania?
Internet cafes have hit Tanzania and especially in the central area of the cities. Prices are cheap, but the connection speed is sometimes disappointing. Springlands Hotel and Highview Hotel have Internet caf?s, but no WiFi hotspots.
Should I give a tip?
Tipping is not a local custom in Tanzania; it is common only amongst tourists and expatriates who live in the country. Giving monetary gifts to friends or relatives is common, however, both in the city and in the countryside. As tourism is growing in the country locals who work in the tourism industry are getting used to the notion of tipping and sometimes even expect a tip from clients.
Will I be able to speak to people in English in Tanzania?
The official and spoken languages of the country are Swahili and English. Many people have English as their second language as they were taught this at school. All Tanzanian working in the tourism field can communicate in English.
In the countryside, or when communicating with children, local women or individuals of lower school education, it might however be difficult to speak in English.
I'm a travel agent/journalist. Can you help me?
Of course we can! You can get a first idea of ZARA Tours on this corporate website, our blog, our hotel websites (Springlands Hotel, Highview Hotel, Tanzania Wildcamps) and on Adventure Travel Media Source. Further documents about ZARA you can get here.
What souvenirs can I buy in Tanzania?
Interesting art and gifts can be bought at the Art and Craft Shops at the Springlands Hotel and Highview Hotel at fixed prices.
Can I go out to a good restaurant in Tanzania?
The number and variety of restaurants is improving. In cities and towns with some tourism traffic (Daressalam, Moshi, Arusha, Karatu, Zanzibar town) you can find good Swahili, African, Indian, Chinese and Italian restaurants. Many older restaurants serve typical English food but the variety is widening and many other influences are appearing in menus.